Conditions that you agree to when you take part in the competition
1. The competition is organised by Volvo Truck Corporation.
2. In order to participate and compete, you must be 18 years of age, or older and be registered as domiciled in: Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine or United Kingdom.
You must have a driver’s licence for a car in order to be allowed to test-drive the truck if you win.
You are required to follow these competition rules.
3. There are no costs or requirements from Volvo Trucks for your participation in the competition, over and above those expressly stated in these competition rules.
4. Only members of the public may take part in the competition. Employees of Volvo Trucks (including dealers and workshops), Forsman & Bodenfors AB, Kokokaka AB or family members living in the same household as employees of these companies are not permitted to participate in the competition.
5. By participating in the competition, you agree to abide by these competition rules.
6. On this website you can take part in three different competitions:
Best photo of the new Volvo FM
The first photo of the new Volvo FM
Best photo of the new Volvo FM
We have two as yet unreleased Volvo FMs out on the roads in Europe. In this competition the idea is to take the best picture of one of these two trucks during their trans-Europe journey between March 4 and March 17, 2013.
The winner is selected by a jury and one winner will be chosen from each of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom. The jury’s verdict cannot be appealed.
The user who has uploaded the photo that gets the most user votes wins the People's Choice competition. If there is any suspicion of cheating, the image will be deleted, the participant will be disqualified, and the person’s user account will be closed down.
The first photo of the new Volvo FM
The user who uploads the first picture of either of the two new FMs on public roads.
7. The competition starts on March 4, 2013 and ends on March 17, 2013.
8. Competition submissions must be created by the participants themselves and may not include material for which the competitor does not have full rights. If the material is jointly owned together with persons other than the competitor, the participant must have received their permission to submit the photograph as part of the competition. Moreover, submissions may not contain material that is offensive, unethical or in contravention of laws or regulations or that can otherwise be perceived as insulting. Such submissions will be deleted, the participant will be disqualified and his/her user account will be closed down.
9. During the competition period, a competitor may submit an unlimited number of photographs.
10. Volvo Trucks retains the right to remove submissions from the website that do not meet these competition rules.
11. During the competition period, winners of each sub-competition will be announced on an ongoing basis.
Winners for best picture in each country will be chosen by a jury consisting of representatives of Volvo Trucks and Forsman & Bodenfors.
12. Winners will be contacted by email and the winners’ names and submissions will also be published on the Volvo Trucks Facebook sites and on the competition website throughout the competition duration, up to [29 March].
If there is any difficulty in contacting the competition winners, publication of the winners’ names may be delayed. If so, this will be announced on the Volvo Trucks Facebook pages.
13. The winner of the best photograph in each country will get the following:
All expenses paid trip to Gothenburg, Sweden in June 2013. – including flight, transfer and hotel, a visit to the Volvo Museum, a special Volvo merchandise pack and an exclusive test drive at the Volvo Demo Center. Approximate value: €1600
14. The winner of People's Choice will get
A stylish Volvo chronograph wristwatch. Approximate value: €100
15. The winner of the first photograph will get
All expenses paid trip to Gothenburg, Sweden in June 2013.
– including flight, transfer and hotel, a visit to the Volvo Museum, a special Volvo merchandise pack and an exclusive test drive at the Volvo Demo Center. Approximate value: €1600
16. About the prizes.
Any tax on winnings is to be paid by the winner.
The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash or other products.
The People's Choice prizes are expected to be delivered within two to four weeks after conclusion of the competition. The prizes are delivered free of cost to the competition participant at the address he/she gives when notified of the win.
17. All competition submissions may be used by Volvo Trucks for marketing purposes. They may be used in press releases and also in other press and TV contexts by Volvo Trucks in connection with announcement of the competition winners. They may also be used by third parties for editorial purposes in all media throughout the world.
18. By participating in the competition you agree that Volvo Trucks may use your competition submissions for marketing as per the points above in all media throughout the world and that a third party may use your competition submissions for editorial puposes as per the points above in all media throughout the world, without you receiving any form of compensation for this usage. Volvo Trucks can not be made responsible if a third party without approval should use competition submissions in any context whatsoever.
19. When participating in the competition you will be required to submit personal data such as your name and contact details. By taking part in the competition, you agree that Volvo Trucks may process and publish your personal details in accordance with Swedish privacy law (SFS 1998:204) and in accordance with Volvo Trucks’ integrity policy. http://www.volvotrucks.com/trucks/global/en-gb/Applications/CopyrightPrivacy/Pages/copyrightPrivacy.aspx
Your personal data is maintained by Volvo Trucks both so the company can fulfil its competition undertakings and also so it is possible to contact participants, distribute prizes as necessary and publish the winners’ names, for instance. Personal data may be transferred to a third party. In such a case, Volvo Trucks is the data controller and the third party is data controller assistant.
20. The winners’ names and competition submissions may also be published and used for marketing purposes without compensation.
21. In accordance with Swedish privacy law you always have the right to withdraw your agreement to processing of your personal data. However, if you withdraw agreement before a winner is announced, you are regarded as no longer meeting the criteria for participation in the competition and Volvo Trucks will no longer process your personal data.
Once per calendar year you are legally entitled to obtain, free of charge and following a written and signed request by you, information regarding all personal data that Volvo Trucks has about you and how this data has been used. You also have the right to demand corrections with regard to any personal data that Volvo Trucks maintains about you.
22. By participating in this competition you agree that Swedish law is applicable in all issues and regarding all rights related to the competition, including but not limited to copyright, handling of personal data and marketing. Regarding taxation regulations, however, it is the national law of the country in which the competition takes place that applies.
23. If you have any queries regarding these terms and conditions or our competition, do please get in touch with us either via our Facebook pages or via our other contacts. http://www.volvotrucks.com/trucks/global/en-gb/contact/Pages/contact.aspx